Eric Reiser is the chair of LoFaro & Reiser’s Cannabis Law Group. Since 2017, Eric has been representing clients in the cannabis and industrial hemp industries with license applications, regulatory compliance, contractual agreements and litigation matters. Eric’s work as a cannabis lawyer in New Jersey has earned him recognition among his peers as an authority in the cannabis legal space, and he has been regularly quoted and featured in publications such as NJ Cannabis Insider and NJBiz on related topics.
In addition to cannabis law, Eric concentrates his practice in complex business litigation and probate litigation, and handles trial and appellate matters in New Jersey and New York State and federal courts. Eric further focuses his practice on corporate divorce matters involving partnership and shareholder disputes, corporate derivative actions, restrictive covenant disputes and actions involving temporary and preliminary injunctions.
Eric also represents clients in fraudulent transfer litigation, contested guardianships, business counseling, intellectual property law protection and litigation, bankruptcy filings, bankruptcy court litigation and corporate dissolutions.
Prior to entering private practice, Eric was a Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. Margaret M. McVeigh, P.J.Ch., in the Chancery Division – General Equity Part, Passaic Vicinage, Paterson, NJ. Following his Chancery clerkship, Eric was Judicial Law Clerk for the Hon. Michael B. Kaplan, U.S.B.J., in the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of New Jersey, Trenton, NJ. After clerking for Judge Kaplan, and prior to joining LoFaro & Reiser, Eric was an associate attorney with Saiber.
- New Jersey Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars 2016-2021
- Best Lawyers® - Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights – 2018-2021
- Bergen Magazine “Top Lawyer” - Commercial Litigation - 2018
Selection methodology for awards and honors can be found here.
No aspect of these advertisements have been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Cannabis Law Committee & Litigation Subcommittee
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
- District IIA Fee Arbitration Committee
- New Jersey CannaBusiness Association
- New Jersey Chapter of the University of Michigan Alumni Association, former Vice President
- Cannabis Licensing/Regulatory Compliance
- Ancillary Business Counseling
- Industrial Hemp & CBD
- Cannabis Business Counseling
- Intellectual Property
- Real Estate/Land Use and Zoning
- Probate Litigation
- Closely Held Corporation Disputes
- Chancery Litigation
- Order to Show Cause/Emergent Relief
- Shareholder Disputes
- Bankruptcy & Debtor/Creditor Rights
- J.D., Rutgers University School of Law, 2010
Rutgers Law Record, Articles Editor
- B.A., University of Michigan, 2007
BAR & COURT ADMISSIONS
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court, District of NJ
- United States District Court, SDNY
- United States District Court, EDNY