Shapiro & Croland receives and stores both personal information (i.e., information from which a user may be personally identified), and non-personal information (i.e., information that does not identify the specific user).
Shapiro & Croland collects information in the following contexts and uses that information for the following purposes:
If you sign up for to receive Shapiro & Croland alerts, e-newsletters or other publications, we will collect your name, email address and, if applicable, other contact information. We collect that information when you voluntarily input it into our website. We use that information to provide you with the publications for which you have signed up. In order to more efficiently provide you with these publications, we may share your personal information with a third party vendor which specializes in managing contact lists and transmitting publications and client alerts.
If you choose to apply for a position at our firm through our website, you may provide us with your name, address, email address, telephone number, resume and other application materials through the website. We will use that information to evaluate your application for employment and to contact you with regard to your employment application. We ask that you refrain from including your social security number or any other sensitive information in your application materials. In addition, please note that we only accept and consider applications received through our website which are submitted by the individual applicant. Please do not provide us any information regarding any person other than yourself through our website.
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. If in the future Shapiro & Croland undergoes any corporate reorganization, restructuring, merger or similar transaction, we reserve the right to transfer your personal information to the new or surviving entity.
- Other disclosures with your consent. We will use, disclose or transfer your personal information for the purposes and to the extent we have obtained your consent to do so.
- Other disclosures without your consent. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information if we reasonably believe that we are required to do so by order of a Court, court procedures or under law.
You may make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Request a copy of your personal information collected by Shapiro & Croland through our website. Please contact Shapiro & Croland in accordance with the instructions below to request a copy of your personal information collected through our website.
- Request that Shapiro & Croland make changes to your personal information, including modifying any incorrect or inaccurate personal information held by Shapiro & Croland. Please contact Shapiro & Croland in accordance with the instructions below to request that Shapiro & Croland modify your personal information held by Shapiro & Croland.
- Modify or withdraw a consent you previously provided to Shapiro & Croland. Please contact Shapiro & Croland in accordance with the instructions below to modify or withdraw a consent you previously provided to Shapiro & Croland.
- Unsubscribe from a Shapiro & Croland publication or email communication. To unsubscribe from a Shapiro & Croland publication, you can either email us at the address listed below requesting to unsubscribe from the relevant publication or communication or you can follow any “unsubscribe” instructions contained in the applicable email communication.
- Object to Shapiro & Croland’s processing or use of your personal information. Please contact Shapiro & Croland in accordance with the instructions below to object to Shapiro & Croland’s processing of your personal information.
- Request that Shapiro & Croland transfer the personal information you have directly provided to Shapiro & Croland to a third party, where technically feasible. Please contact Shapiro & Croland in accordance with the instructions below to request that Shapiro & Croland transfer the personal information you have directly provided to Shapiro & Croland to a third party, where technically feasible.
While we use our best efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the Internet or that may be collected by others in transit, or any security measures that we may use in protecting such information that we receive. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee the privacy of your personal information if you visit any third party websites, including those which link to or are linked to from Shapiro & Croland’s website.
Shapiro & Croland’s website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. No one under the age of 13 may provide any information to Shapiro & Croland through our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13, and we will delete such information upon learning that we have collected any information from a child under the age of 13 without proper parental or guardian consent.
Please note that personal information that you provide to us is processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws of your country and where the government, courts and law enforcement may be able to access your information.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints, or would like to make a request in connection with your personal data collected by Shapiro & Croland please contact us at ereiser@.com or via phone at 201-488-3900.
Last Updated: May 2, 2021